Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All my bags are packed

Exactly 24 hours from now I will be on board a plane heading to Morocco. Well technically Philadelphia but its on the way haha I am completely packed, all I have left to do is some picking up in my room and I am ready to go.

















Part of the idea of this blog is to help other students who are traveling or planning to travel. I discussed earlier that I would explain everything I'm packing and then later on, have another post about what worked, what didn't, and what i never wore.

My things are divided among my one suitcase, my carry on and what I am wearing tomorrow. In total I will have 3 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of shorts,  14 shirts, 20 pairs of underwear, 20 pairs of socks, 4 bras (one sports bra) 2 casual skirts (one of which can be paired with a nice shirt to make up my dressy outfit), 2 casual dresses, 5 tank tops/camis for layering, 4 light weight sweaters, 3 scarves ( I wear one almost every day, but I plan to get new ones), a small amount of jewelry and make up, 3 ounce sized containers of lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and body soap, 1 package of razors, travel documents, copies of travel documents, 3 extra pairs of contact lenses, 1 pair of tennis shoes, 1 pair of black flats, 1 pair of flip flops, and 1 other pair of flats, pictures of my family and friends, Omari the Bear, 2 arabic textbooks, a book to read on the plane, a journal, an empty photo album, my laptop and power cord, camera and power cord, 3 bottles of nail polish, my glasses, bobby pins, hair bands, feminine supplies, batteries, power strip, address book, a rosary (I never travel without one), day planner, and my winter coat. I think thats everything haha.

Carry on

Suit Case
My carry on has an extra outfit with multiple pairs of socks and underwear in case airline workers go on strike or something and I can't get my checked bag. My actual travel documents are also in the carry on and the copies are in the suitcase. My carry on also has a book, the journal, the camera, 1 extra pair of contacts, my laptop, 1 bottle of nail polish, glasses, hair stuff, feminine supplies, batteries for the camera, address book, and the rosary. I will be wearing jeans, flats, a cami, a shirt, a sweater and my winter coat. The coat will be bulky to have on but it saves room in the suitcase to wear it. The flats are better than the tennis shoes because they slip on and off. This makes the security line alot easier.

Hopefully security goes smoothly. My carry on isn't a TSA approved laptop case, but all that means is I have to take my laptop out when I go through security. I'm going to have alot of airport time for the next two days.
Good bye for now :) but keep checking back, this might be last post until Morocco, but I might also post something in Spain.

1 comment: